Check out this Great Catfish Recipe from Heartland Catfish!
Pecan Catfish with Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
o 6 5-7 oz Heartland Catfish fillets, fat trimmed
o 3 cups pecan pieces
o 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
o 1 teaspoon salt
o 1/2 teaspoon pepper
o 1 cup all-purpose flour
o 3 eggs
o 1/2 cup milk
o 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
o 4 tablespoons clarified butter
o 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
o 2 lemons, juiced
o 2 tablespoons butter
o salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, grind pecans, bread crumbs, salt and pepper until fine, then pour into a shallow dish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Season the catfish with the seafood seasoning. Dredge catfish in the flour, the egg mixture and the pecan-bread crumb mixture.
- Coat the bottom of large sauté pan or skillet with clarified butter. Over medium heat, brown fillets on both sides. Transfer to lined baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 5 minutes, while you prepare the sauce.
- Reheat the pan to medium. Add the rosemary to the pan and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, stirring to release any browned bits that have formed on the bottom of the pan (deglaze).
- Remove the pan from the heat. Swirl in 2 tablespoons of butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the sauce over the catfish fillets and serve immediately.
Harvest has a full line of seafood options for your meat case or self serve case.
Contact a Sales Representative today for help choosing the right seafood mix for your customers!